What could deny me candidacy for a laser treatment?
The 2 most common reasons one gets denied candidacy are
- Antibiotics – The majority of antibiotics make the body light-sensitive, increasing your risk of experiencing a negative reaction. Please let us know if you are prescribed antibiotics, so we can reschedule you when it’s safe: at least 10 days after your last dose.
- Pregnant (or Possibly Pregnant) – There haven’t been enough studies to show if laser radiation affects a developing fetus, so it is best to avoid laser treatments altogether. We will work with you to find alternative treatments to achieve your skin goals.
Some clients have reported a bit of discomfort when getting laser treatments while menstruating. Rescheduling is up to you. We do offer complimentary numbing cream to everyone. If so, please arrive 30 minutes early to apply the cream and have it take effect.
What is the difference between NeoSkin and Aerolase?
Aerolase is the company that makes NeoSkin and other “Neo”-like products. The NeoSkin is a Nd:YAG Laser.
Does Revata Medspa use “ablative” lasers?
No, both our Soprano and NeoSkin machines are considered NON-ABLATIVE lasers. This means they do not produce micro-tears or “temporary damage” to the skin. This lowers the chances of adverse events. (However, ablative treatments do work. Click HERE to learn more about our Micro-Needling service.)
Are the lasers safe for darker skin tones?
Yes, both our Soprano and Aerolase work on tanned and very dark skin tones. The Aerolase has been specifically FDA-approved for darker skin tones as the advanced technology can find and target problem areas without disrupting a deep melanin complexion.
Does Laser Hair Removal hurt?
Generally, it can, but Revata specifically uses machines that do not hurt. There are some machines out there that are point-and-shoot that hurt “like a rubber band snap” against your skin. We invested in just as effective machines!
The Soprano machine is a typical Laser Hair Removal machine targets hair follicles through a gentle frequency. If anything, you may feel some warmth that we always combat with a cooling device. The laser heat does get trapped into the skin, so you must be careful to avoid sunlight, heated areas (like sauna), or intense workouts (that make you sweat) to not irritate the area.
The Aerolase machine is often referred to as a laser, but it is technically a 650-microsecond pulse light that does not trap heat into the skin. This means there is no downtime and the areas are not in a temporary fragile state.
Will the laser cause hyperpigmentation?
Although there is always some risk that comes with cosmetic lasers, we purposely use non-ablative advanced technology that have been clinically proven to show lower risk of adverse events than other lasers on the market – this includes the chances of hyperpigmentation during the “recovery” process. Our NeoSkin laser has over 21 FDA indications, including its use on tanned and dark skin.
Before your first laser treatment, we always get final clearance by a Nurse Practitioner to confirm that the laser is safe for you. Our trained estheticians know to ease into higher level settings and do test patches to keep you safe.
Why should I upgrade from the Soprano to the NeoSkin laser for laser hair removal?
Most of the time, the Soprano is the perfect option for Laser Hair Removal. Our estheticians will only recommend the upgrade if they see the benefit in treating the area with the NeoSkin, our multi-purpose laser.
One example may be that if a client has a deep melanin complexion, it’s best to go with Aerolase since it is FDA-approved for dark skin.
Another example is if you have unwanted hair and hyperpigmentation in the same area, then it is more time and cost effective for you to choose the NeoSkin laser since it can reduce the hair and break up the hyperpigmentation all in one treatment.
Which services using the NeoSkin laser machine might include some discomfort and/or downtime?
- The lips and upper mouth region are sensitive areas where some have reported feeling a slight discomfort of a hotter temperature. Every client has tolerated laser passes over the areas. There is not any downtime.
- Spider Vein Removal can feel hot for a few seconds because the technician must perform deeper, additional passes with the laser over the area(s) to fully target the vein(s). This service has some downtime as you will get the best results by wearing compression socks, avoiding air travel for two weeks, and overall resting your legs.
We provide complimentary numbing cream. If you wish to be numbed, please arrive 30 minutes early so we can apply numbing cream and have it take effect before your service. We can also send you home with some – please store the product in your refrigerator to keep the numbing formula potent.
How does payment work for Aerolase treatments while on the Membership?
On the Membership, laser treatments are $199 per session. Your $99 Membership auto-charge gets fully applied to your service. So, at check out, you will only owe the difference of $100.
The Membership does not have any booking rules. So, for example, if you come in on the 3rd when your Membership charge date is the 15th, we will still pre-apply your $99 for that month and only charge you $100.
How can I save money on Laser Hair Removal treatments?
Membership – Being on the Membership unlocks a special rate on all areas. Most people won’t get their desired results until 6-10 sessions, so the savings will add up. Even better, there’s no longterm commitment as we only offer no-contract Memberships with zero cancellation fees. Click HERE to view pricing.
BOGO Deal – Buy one large area and get a small area for free!
- Large Areas: Full Back, Full Arms, Full or Half Legs, and Brazilian
- Small Areas: Upper Lip, Chin, and Underarms
You can mix Membership rates with the BOGO deal!